Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Happy 1/2 Birthday Ava Grace!

Ava turned 6 months on September 29th.  How it's been half a year since we met our 2nd baby girl is beyond me.  It's seems to be going by so much faster than it did with Caroline.  Probably because we are on the go all. the. time.  Scott and I were asking each other the other day if deciding to build a house while she was so little was the right decision.  Being so focused on the house and its progress, are we robbing her of her "baby time?" But then we quickly reminded ourselves that no matter if she's an infant or 6 years old we would be asking ourselves that question.  I'm not sure there is ever a "right time" for anything in life.  It's just things you have to go with your gut, pray about it, and hope you are doing the right thing. Anyway, Ava is such a sweet, sweet, smiling baby girl.  She has THE most crystal blue eyes ever and I believe they are here to stay.  While Caroline's eye's were a hue of blue for the first year, we couldn't really tell if they would be sticking with her, and now they are green.  She also has a head full of very blonde hair.  Caroline's was always super dark, and now Ava's is so blonde it looks red at times, but it's not! When I send pictures to people or post on facebook they always see red, and it does appear that way at times in pictures.  These two girls look so different to me, then at times I'll see a little of Caroline, but it's never that "Whoa, they could be twins" look.  I kinda like it. I like that they are each their own person and they definitely have their own solid personalities.  Ava is not near as chill as Caroline was.  She likes to be on my hip more than anything, she doesn't particularly care for long car rides, and if her cereal and fruit and bottle are not ready right after bath and lotion, there's no forgiveness.  That's just to name a few.  She's a big girl and is in full 6 month clothes and 9 month footed pajamas and some onesies.  She's a whopping 18 lbs and 27 1/2" long.  That's exactly 2 lbs 4 oz. and 3/4" bigger than C was at that age! When I look back at C's 6 month blog she's doing the exact same things C was including eating the exact amount.  I knew I was pretty close to having Ava on the same schedule I used with Caroline but not until now did I notice they are on the identical schedule.  Funny! Ava Grace can sit up on her own and get back down to her tummy, and she's army crawling all over the place.  She will draw her knees up and lunge forward but hasn't quite figured out how to master the full blown crawl, but it won't be long! Oh, she also has two cute little teeth! :) We love our precious baby so much and are trying to soak in this wonderful time in our lives.  We are extremely blessed and feel like the luckiest parents in the world! Below are a few of my favorite pictures from Ava's 6 month shoot!

Gorgeous blue eyes!



Poor baby was about finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment