Friday, October 28, 2011

Sicktober!!!

I'm a little behind on all of my blogging lately as this month has been one of the sickliest I've had in a looooong time.  Hence the title of my post.  :) At the very end of September, Caroline came down with a nasty bug and it stayed with her for about 14 days.  Poor kiddo, I tried so hard to teach her to blow her nose or cough hard and it just wasn't happening.  Finally, after doing load after load of laundry, lysoling everything we touched, and a trip to the pediatrician, I thought we were in the clear.  A full 7 days after Caroline got sick... here comes Scott with the same thing C had.  And let me just say... I don't know what it is about men and their sicknesses but they just can't handle it.  He was more pitiful than Caroline was. Talk about dramatic, but he got over it.

Finally, we are getting back into the groove of things, feeling good.  Scott had a day trip to Chicago for work one day last week.  We all know how disgusting airports are and this time of year the germs are in full force.  The next day after his day trip we left to go home to Sherman and hit up the State Fair.  Friday evening, Scott comes down with a horribly sore throat, body aches, and chills.  By this time I'm thinking this is just perfect.  How much more isolation and disinfecting are we gonna have to go through?  Sunday we come home and everyone seems to be doing fine.  Boy, was I wrong.  Tuesday morning I woke up with a sore throat.  I took some dayquil and went on with my day feeling pretty good.  By the days end it hit me like a brick wall.  Body aches, chills, sore throat and fever.  Great! Taking care of a 1 year old while feeling awful was going to be interesting.  Asking Scott to stay home was out of the question as he was in Sacramento Tuesday and Seattle Wednesday.  Luckily my sweet neighbor and friend Andrea came to get Caroline and watched her for the morning while I rested and went to the doctor.  No flu or strep just viral, it has to run its course is what they told me.  I hate the words "Run Its Course" with a passion now.  I've heard it probably 10 times in the last month.  Oh, I forgot to mention, while all this is going down this week, Caroline has been running a steady low grade fever from about 99.8-100.3 degrees.  Who knows whats going on there.  Probably something that needs to run its course!!!!! :)

Needless to say, I'm ready for November.  Or it could be that fevers, snotty noses, coughs and Lord knows what else, is my destiny until Spring.  Any who, I've got some blogging to do and pictures to upload and will get to it a.s.a.p.  Hope everyone else's October has been healthier than ours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment