Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hot Toddy...

For the adults only of course.  My Dad made this concoction last Christmas called Apple Pie Moonshine.  Warning: It tastes just like a regular apple cider so you have to be careful as it's a "sipping" drink and can sneak up on you a little.  Great little gifts for neighbors and friends.  It's perfect for when you aren't going to be driving of course, or if you have don't have any special place to be!  I loved to heat up a little at a time last year and wrap my presents.  Also great for Christmas parties or gatherings.

This year I decided to make up a batch and jar a few to give as little gifts to my neighbors and friends.  Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 gallon apple juice
1 gallon apple cider
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter bottle of grain liquor (I used everclear) 190 proof (Yes, that's why it can sneak up on you) :)

Directions:

1.  In a large stockpot (I had to use two) combine apple juice, cider, sugar and cinnamon sticks, bring to a boil and remove from heat and allow to cool.
2.  Add bottle of high proof liquor.
3.  Pour this into mason jars, screw the lids on and let it mellow out.  You can drink it right away, but it does get better after a week or two.  (I canned it like I was canning anything else and formed the seal in case anyone wanted to save it for awhile.)


Waiting on them to boil...

Ta Da!!!

Remember, this stuff is so tasty and smooth!  Use with CAUTION! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment