Monday, January 9, 2012

New Years Eve!!!

This year for New Years we rented out a cabin in beavers bend with some good friends Brooke, Baron, Heather and John.  Caroline stayed with MiMi one night and then with Aunt Cookie on actual New Years Eve.  She had a great time with them and all of her cousins and she was a perfect doll according to my sister.  While it was nice to get away and relax without the little one, I still missed her like crazy and was more than ready to get back to her.  I was the first one up New Years Day and had my bags at the door ready to go.  I'm so glad we went, as we probably won't get another chance to get away on New Years "just adults" for quite awhile.  Friday afternoon upon our arrival us girls hopped in the car and drove up to this adorable little winery called "Girls Gone Wine".  LOVED it.  We tried all different types of wine, had a couple of glasses and sat out on the back porch.  They gave us crackers and cheese and we were in heaven.  We shopped around in their gift shop and brought back a few bottles to enjoy at home.  Friday night we cooked hamburgers out on the grill, sat around the camp fire and hopped in the hot tub.  Saturday Scott worked so hard and smoked a fabulous brisket, made beans and corn on the cob.  After that, I found myself sitting on the couch in the cabin watching a Big Bang Theory marathon.  Scott had a hard time with the fact that I wasn't outside partying it up around the campfire, as we didn't have a little one to look after.  But I was happy as a clam because its few and far between that I get to sit on the couch and just stare at the tv!! :)

Kitchen area




Our home for the weekend in the woods!

The name of our cabin was "The Dreamcatcher"


Private hot tub area!





Huge wraparound porch.  Def not Caroline friendly!!


Heather and I in our matching pants!

Watching the Aggies BTHO Northwestern!!

The Barretts!

No comments:

Post a Comment