Monday, February 27, 2012

17 Months

Caroline is 17 months?  Almost a year and a half old.  She's blossomed over the last month and has started "talking" more, if you will.  Thank goodness, the fact that she wasn't saying some of the most important things in her life such as lovie, daddy, very rarely mama, was starting to become a little unsettling to me.  I spoke with her pediatrician the other day and she assured me that ages 15-20 months is when the talking can really start to take off.  I swear in the last 3 days she has been repeating a lot of what I say.

Other than a few new words, not too much is going on.  We've been battling a fever and ear infection for the past 4 days.  Hopefully she's on the mend.  The fever tends to come up late afternoon and evening but she's such a trooper and remains in good spirits most of the time.  She's rarely a fussy sick baby.  She is hands down the happiest baby when she is outdoors playing.  She never stops for a second.  Her favorite thing to do at the moment is sit on daddy's new 4 wheeler, run up and down the driveway, and run up and down this grassy little hill between our house and our neighbors.  She loves running down the hill because she can really build up some speed.  It's so funny because she doesn't quite have the ability to stop when she gets going fast, this has resulted in me scrubbing and spot treating little grass stains on the knees of her pants. :)

I feel like I've been somewhat repetitive with her monthly updates so I think I'll do one more 18 month post and then every 3 months here on out until she's 2.  That way I will have more to share about with things like her doctors visits, stats, words, etc.  I will however continue to do post pictures and videos of her cute little self whenever I unload my camera. I have pictures to come!!

1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable! Maybe she'll be a runner or triathlete!! :-)

    ReplyDelete