Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Caroline is going to be a...

BIG SISTER!!!!!!!!!

And she is going to be absolutely awesome at it.  We've had a lot of practice with little miss Logan around this past year.

 I had my 2nd doctors appointment today and boy was it is a scary one.  I always get a little nervous at these appointments and with good reason.  First appointment I went to, I was at 6 1/2 weeks.  I had my first ultrasound and baby's heartbeat was 125, normal for that time frame, but still made me nervous when all of my friends baby's heart rates were in the 150's and 160's.  Today I go in for my 2nd and I knew they were going to be checking the fetal heart rate with the regular hand held doppler.  Nurse came in, listened, and listened, and listened, and listened... nothing.  Doctor came in... listened and listened, and so on.  Nothing. You can imagine what I'm feeling at this point, I don't care that its hard to hear the fetal heart beat via the doppler at 10 1/2 weeks, I want to hear it!! I was very discouraged because when I was pregnant with Caroline it popped up immediately. Next, they schedule me in for a sonogram.  I have to wait for this about 15 minutes, longest 15 minutes of my life.  We get called back and as soon as she started there it was... baby was flipping and kicking and moving all over the place.  Heartbeat was 167!! RELIEF! I knew things had to be ok with how I've been feeling.  It's been awful.  Which explains why I did not make my high school reunion.  There was no way I could have toughed it out, and I am extremely bummed I missed everyone.

We are very excited about our new addition and couldn't be happier!! Below are some pictures we snapped at Caroline's 2 year photo shoot.  Luckily the timing worked out perfectly and we were able to capture these shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment